Monday, June 28, 2010

Rocking the Gas Station

Apologies for lack of updates folks. My posts tend to be motivated my pictures, and I haven't taken any of note in a while.

Back in early May, some of us who have been playing music together over the winter were invited to perform at the annual spring party at the Chevron. Party at the gas station, you ask? Well, it so happens that the gas local gas station can be quite the hub of activity in the small town of Healy, Alaska. It's the closest place by a long-shot to get gas, groceries, propane, and a shower. Every year the owner invites the town for free hotdogs and beer. Can't beat that!

Rob, a coworker of mine, took some good pics that I thought I would share. A few weeks ago we also played a festival in the town of Cantwell and had a great time, but no one was taking pictures. We'll try to put together a few more shows before then end of the summer, but everyone is pretty scattered and busy this time of year, so we will see what works out.

I'm heading to Maryland on Thursday to hang out with Cheri for a few weeks, and looking forward to it. Hope everyone is doing well.

On the flatbed. Playing for the massive, cheering crowd.
A well rounded mix of instruments.
They let me sing a few.
Our biggest (err, smallest) fan dancing it up.

1 Comments:

At 4:28 AM, Anonymous Joel Tamkin said...

I'm concerned about the lack of premium gasoline...and the proximity of a grill the the fuel pumps :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home